Friday, October 1, 2010

Flash Back Fridays

Last week I had to give our cat Bella a bath. She is such a sweet loving cat and has been very ideal for what we were looking for when we adopted her. Despite her sweetness she was getting dirty and looked like she could use a good cleaning. We had also been fighting fleas with our dog Martina so I thought it wouldn't hurt to get her cleaned & protected too.

What started out as our sweet lovin' kitty, turned into a complete demon frenzied feline. That might be putting it nicely too. It's no big secret that cats do not like water. I expected some resistance. But, man oh man, did she put up a fight. I am surprised I didn't break any of her limbs with the amount of pressure I had to apply to keep her contained in my arms. It came at a price though. Even though she has no front claws, she made good use of her back claws on me. And she is also quite skilled at sinking her teeth into any meat/flesh bearing parts of the body (in this case my upper tricep). Who knew? NOT ME!

I was determined though to see this process through. I AM the master after all. I'm glad that I did because I did find a few fleas on her. And her coat of fur looked so much cleaner & shiny-er when it was all said & done. She didn't speak to me for quite sometime. I got several glares & looks of death from her. I know she doesn't realize it, but she should be giving me a big thank you! : )

I couldn't help but snap a picture of her. There is something funny about the look of a drowned rat....I mean, cat. You just gotta love the look of despise they give you as they are dripping wet.


For my Flash Back Friday I went & looked for some pictures of another set of cats that we gave a bath to. Back in 1997 we had Kaki, Sampson & Goliath. We had just adopted Sampson & Goliath from the pound and they were flea infested. They quickly spread to Kaki (the cat we had had since '94) so they all needed a cleaning. We can't help but get a chuckle out of the looks on their face as we further humiliate them by snapping a picture of their complete misery.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Poor kittys! I want to see a picture of your flesh:)

Becky said...

Ouch...be careful of where she bit you. We had a friend that had BIG problems from a cat bite.

The Zookeepers said...

Thanks for the concern Becky. I've had no problems, just a little scar at this point. I just had a tetnus shot in May so I'm good to go there too.