Wednesday, May 13, 2009

sssssssssssssnakes

For several weeks the kids in the neighborhood, including ours, have been catching snakes & keeping them as pets. It was one of the best things to happen to help bring some peace amongst the restless natives. For weeks though that is what everything was about...the snakes. They all had names. Cotton Candy & Jazz, just to name 2 of them. They had 5 total. They kept them in an old trash can and routinuely held & played with them.

On more than one occasion I would walk right up to a kid, not realizing they had a snake in their hand. I'd talk with that child, carry on business as usual....then jump back 10 feet cause I realized the snake was literally right next to me. I don't mind snakes too much. I wouldn't say that I'm scared of them, but I'm not looking to make them my best friend either. They keep their distance, I keep mine and we're all happy.

All the snakes have been released to the "wild". Which means that I no longer need to rush to the pet store to buy crickets for the snakes. (We had several "emergencies" in reguards to the "starving" creatures). And Mandy has stopped trying to talk me into letting them live in the house.





No comments: