We went through a phase not long ago with Andrew & Superman. It started when we went to the movie store. His eye caught the Superman movies (the original ones with Christopher Reeves). I like to let the kids watch "old" classics so I thought sure, let's get this movie. I tried to get him to pick out the first movie in the series, but he insisted on having the second movie. The big difference.....Superman 2 had a picture of him on the disc, the first one didn't. *eye roll*
Andrew watched that movie NON STOP for the next several days! He became fascinated with it all. Even if he wasn't really watching the movie he wanted it on & playing the background. It was actually a nice break from the usual t.v. and movie watching that he normally enjoys or insists on "watching". Superman out fighting crime, beating up the bad guys & falling in love. Sure it had violence and romance, but it was the kind that I didn't mind or think twice about him watching.
So suddenly everything revolved around Superman and Andrew was jumping & flying everywhere. You gotta love a kid with a good imagination. One day he wandered outside to play on the trampoline. Carmen was napping & the big kids were all at school. It was a very nice day, the windows were opened. All of a sudden I hear Andrew scream. I look out the window & see him dangling from the frame of the trampoline.
I sure wish I had a picture to show you cause it was a classic moment. And believe it or not (you'll believe it though if you know me well enough) as I was running out the door to rescue him I thought "I sure wish I had my camera in my hands ready to go, I really want to capture this!" The situation did not allow me to get much past that thought. Although he wasn't in any immediate danger he certainly wasn't in a position (literally) to stay put for a moment longer.
You have to picture it though. We have this big trampoline with a net around it. The net has a 3 foot or so tall door that you crawl through to actually get on the jumping part of the trampoline. We keep a step stool below that spot to help aid the getting up & down on the frame. When Andrew stepped out onto the frame to get down his foot slipped and got caught in between the springs of the frame. While his foot was stuck there the rest of his body continued forward and he was dangling upside down from that spot. His stuck foot was the only thing keeping him from hitting the ground.
I got him rescued from his predicament and had a little scare as I initially thought he had broken his leg. Once safely on the ground & amidst all of his tears he tried to explain to me that he was trying to be like Superman & fly. Ah-ha so the truth comes out....he wasn't trying to get down in a normal fashion, he was trying to "fly" down from the trampoline.
Well Superman had quite the scare. Even though it didn't deter him from being on the trampoline he seemed to stop flying everywhere we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment