Friday, December 19, 2008

snow day

YES! They FINALLY cancelled school due to the weather. (Can you hear the choirs of Hallelujah singing in the background?) It's become a well known fact that our current superintendent is very hard on school cancellations. Which in some ways I can appreciate, especially when June rolls around. But some days, it's like "COME ON! SERIOUSLY?" Even if they would use the occasional late start or early dismissal it would make a huge difference. But in my 9 years as a parent in this school district that has never been used. Anyway...

That's not what I meant to start this post about. It's a snow day, it's friday, which was suppose to be their last day of school before a 2 week break. So instead of school sing alongs, holiday movies and class parties we're home. I'm staying put to be safe. My van is so big and heavy, we really need new tires and I've spent a good portion of the recent weeks spinning my way out of intersections. And getting up into my drive way is always entertaining. So we're gonna stay put for today, most of it anyway, we'll see how things look later on.

I'm ready for a day of baking, watching movies and getting last minute things ready for Christmas. I also have a lot and I mean A LOT of blogging to do. For the moment though, Carmen is in her highchair & wanting down. So until later, have a safe & warm day.

No comments: