I was able to attend a ladies retreat put on by a local church. It was held out at Camp Summit, which is about 30 min. from town. It's out in the middle of nowhere. We had a guest speaker who did a wonderful job of saying just the right things that we all need to hear. We had plenty of food to eat, all homemade by a couple of ladies. Several of my friends attended as well so there was a lot of good times & tons of laughter. Some of us stayed up until 3 a.m. chatting and playing games. We can find about anything to giggle about when it's the wee hours of the morning.
It was a milestone weekend for me as it was the first time I went away without baby Carmen. She gotten sick during the week (her first ever sickness of broncitus) and had been refusing to nurse. I had been planning to take her with me, but since she didn't "need" me, Jim insisted she stay home. I was very uncertain about the idea, but Jim persisted so I went without her. I'll admit I was worried and even thought about calling home to check in. All went well without me. Jim did a wonderful job and taking care of all the kids and I came home to a CLEAN HOUSE!
Here is my "twin seperated at birth" Sherri. Whenever we are together it never fails that we are asked if we are sisters.
This is a group picture of all the people that sat at the same table. A wide variety of moms in different stages & walks of life..jpg)
Just some nature pictures I took. We went out on many nature walks. The weather was perfect!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
sounds like fun! Is little C all better now?
Post a Comment