Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Smile!



(Baby) Carmen is beginning to smile more & more. I've managed to capture a few on camera. The best time to get them is first thing in the morning. She has just slept most of the night and her tummy is not bothering her.

That needs some explaining as she's been a bit colicky for the last several weeks. It's always in the evening. At first we had several nights of non stop fussiness and even out right screaming & crying for several hours. I even took her to the Dr. wondering what was wrong. He smiled & gently broke it to me that it was "just" colic. We've never had a baby scream & cry so much so how was I to know? Since then we've learned to identify the symptoms as they come on & have some techniques we use to head it off. Luckily it seems to be limited to just the evening hours and once it passes she goes to bed for most of the night.

A typical night for her is from 9 p.m.-4 a.m. She gets up long enough to nurse then goes back down until about 7 a.m. So for the most part we're all getting our sleep. That makes for a lot of smiles in the morning.

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

she is such a little beauty - I'm so glad to hear she's sleeping for you!