Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday John!

Yesterday was John's birthday. Our first son born to us. It was a "normal" day with school & such. He actually had his party weeks ago with Brianna. They had a joint party since they both wanted the same thing to celebrate. Each of them had a few individual friends, but there was also many family friends. Plus you throw in the cousins and such....it's much easier to have 1 big party.

It's not only John's birthday, but Matthew's (John's twin). Many of you may not know John had a twin. This twin was not actually born, but we know from early on ultrasounds that there was a twin in there. And in our eyes & God's that counts 100% as one of our children. At the time, I'm sure due to shock, we didn't name the twin or even talk about it too much. John is the one who has embraced the fact that he has a twin, he is the one who named him when he was about 3 years old.

For me (Carmen) it is extreamly bittersweet as I have ALWAYS wanted twins (or any kind of multiples). It was shocking enough that we were pregnant again when Brianna was only 3 months old, but to find out there was twins. I was literally in tears as I wondering how I could possibly even do this. It was a darker time for me as those were the years I struggled deeply with post-partum depression. God, in His infinate wisdom, had a perfect plan though and I don't question that too much. We'll just have to wait to see that twin in heaven. Until then we'll just have to embarce him in our hearts!

On a flip & humorous side...can you imagine TWO John's!!!! If you know him personally and the little ball of energy that he is....oy vey! He's great to have though. Thank you God for giving us John! Enjoy the little slide show of his pictures.

1 comment:

Enriched-Mom said...

Happy Birthday John! Feb 5 is a good day for birthdays!