Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Welcome October!

Just a "regular" week here at the zoo. October has arrived and we anticipate the cooler weather. This is my (Carmen's) second favorite month of the year. The leafs are beginning to change color outside and the scenery all around is just beautiful. I can't wait to get the camera out & snap some pictures of the kids.

Angel won a FISH award at school. The school picks 2 students per grade every month to receive this award. They did explain it to us parents at orientation, but I couldn't tell ya the exact specifications for it. In general they base it on outstanding students who go the extra mile. I expected that at some point Angel would be picked for this award. She is quite the special girl. But the first month & out of 100 or so other 6th graders. WOW! She will be awarded by picking another student & a teacher to join her for lunch off campus. All at the expense of the school. I told her (jokingly) to pick the Packing House, which is one of the most expensive places to eat here in town. She quickly reminded me that she only has a 25 minute lunch time and didn't think that would work into the schedule. She's picking Subway, her favorite place to eat. Yes, that child can eat a WHOLE 6" sub by herself. (I can barely eat a whole one myself). Way to go Angel on your FISH award!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Congratulations to Angel!! By the way ... I love Subway too.