Monday, May 7, 2012

Dr. Paralikar

Carmen and Andrew had to go to the doctor last weekend. It wasn't anything too serious. They woke up feeling icky and I knew it was enough to warrant an office visit. One thing I love about the office we visit is that we don't have a hard time seeing the doctor.  Of course, it helps that we are very established patients and we have given them A LOT of business over the years.

16, almost 17 years ago, when we were expecting Angel we had no idea who to go to for a doctor.  We didn't even know if we should go with a family doctor or a pediatrician.  Neither one of us grew up in this area, so we relied on word of mouth of who to go to.  We never regretting going to the Children's Clinic and choosing Dr. Paralikar for our children's care.

I feel so blessed that we have been able to stick with the same doctor for all of our children.  He has welcomed each one into this world and has seen us through just about everything imaginable.  Lately he was having a lot of medical issues himself.  He was gone out of the office for several months and then came back on a limited basis.  It really made me appreciate how much we love and value his services.  He is by far, one of, if not the most experienced pediatricians in our town.  He can be a little old school from time to time, but his knowledge is priceless.

I know it's completely selfish, but I really hope he stays in practice for a really long time.  Never mind that he's already been practicing for 30+ years.  I actually have a friend who had him as a doctor when she was born and he's still practicing now and she takes her children to him.  I know it's inevitable, but I just want to hang onto him for a few more years.

I've never done this before (shocking, I know), but I took some pictures while we were waiting in the office.  What prompted this was I realized how big Carmen looked while sitting on the exam table.  *sniff....sniff*  It just blew my mind how big she looked and has lost so much of her baby-ness.  First we got the cheesy smile out of the way:


Then we got the silly face done:

That is all the time I had then Dr. Paralikar walked in.  One of the many great thing about him, there is often little to no wait time.  Since I still had my camera in hand I continued to take pictures with his permission.  I'm glad I got some shots of him in action.



I plan to hang onto Dr. Paralikar as long as possible.  Yes, we have other great doctors in our town, but Dr. Paralikar is absolutely the best!!!!

No comments: