Monday, March 12, 2012

Newest Arrival Coming TODAY!

Today our newest animal arrives at the Peterson Family Zoo.  I made the big announcement back in January about this new addition.

I grew up having exchange students so I am familiar with this process.  It has, however, changed.  I remember the first few short term students  we knew nothing about other than maybe a name and where they were coming from.  It could have been that I let my mom deal with any details and I just didn't know.  I remember as we got more students and eventually a (school) year long student we got more info like a picture, a short bio, etc.  It was all still a great mystery until the student actually arrived.

Fast forward almost 20 years and we "met" our student almost as soon as we knew we were going to be a host family.  We friended each other on facebook.  We exchanged messages and information.  I have purged through her profile to get a more inside look to her life.  We have already connected and bonded on a small level.  I've kept all this info to ourselves.  Since she is coming today I'll show you her picture and tell you her name.  The time has really come....SHE IS ON HER WAY!

Meet Merle (we've been told that it's pronounced Mer-lay)

I will give you a big update once we have her settled into our home.  You know me, I'll have a million pictures to show that I took of her arrival  & first moments with the Zoo.  Until then I have some final preparations to get done before she, along with the rest of the group, arrives tonight in Galesburg.

No comments: