Monday, March 5, 2012

GHS Gadets

(Angel is in the first row sitting second from the right.)


We are finished with another year of Angel dancing on the Gadets squad.  The Gadets is a different squad/sport in that it performs for both football and basketball season.  Tryout are held in April.  They do a few minor things in May and then begin regular practice in June.  That goes on through the summer until school starts and it goes full speed through football.  There is a few weeks of quietness then basketball picks up and they perform for both boys and girls games.  I know Angel wouldn't have it any other way, she LOVES to dance.  We enjoy her being on the squad too.

I was able to record every single routine they performed this year.  I always load them to youtube and (usually) post them on facebook.  On youtube I wish I could make folders so that I can put them in one spot easier to find.  However they are mixed in with all the other videos I also load to youtube.  You can find them all by going to our petefamzoo youtube channel.

Since I am busy videotaping each performance I don't get the chance to take pictures like I want to.  I have tried a few times and my camera isn't too good at capturing their fast movements in addition to me being up in the stands to get a good position for video.  Another parents has a good camera though and she got some great shots during their last performance.

 (Angel is third in from left)

(Angel is on far left facing front)


(In the last two it's harder to see Angel unless you know exactly where she is.  She's in the second row, slightly to the left of the the second person in the front row.)

This year the participated in a dance showcase.  It's similar to a dance competition, but with no competition.  It took up a good chunk of a Saturday (we left at 1 pm and didn't get home until midnight), but it was a fun experience.  They look forward to doing it again next year.  At the dance showcase each school performed and at the end there was a grand finale.  Here is the video from that routine that all 9 school participated in.

Angel is on the far left, second row.

No comments: