We have an announcement to make. I was going to wait a little bit longer to do this. We went ahead & told the kids the other day & one of them accidentally already told someone else. So before it gets all out I guess it's better to just get it out into the open.
I will break the news to you the same way we broke it to the kids. We are expecting a new addition to the family. Yes, a human one. Now before you all start in with your two cents on the whole situation and before I continue on with more specific details like expected date of arrival, etc. I want you to watch this SO CUTE video of Carmen. WHY?!?! Well, it might distract you with her unbelievable cuteness and maybe it will help you see why we love having such a "large" family. So watch!
Now, it may be a complete shock to you that we are expecting this addition to the family on March 12. I know you are thinking that is completely impossible. If you know me in real life there is no physical way I'm with child, not one that is due that soon. That is the catch though....for all of you who automatically ASSUMED that is what I meant (don't worry we gave the kids a run for their money too and don't even deny you were falling for it too). I'm not going to give birth to this human addition. And no, we are not adopting either. (Although if that whole process was this easy we would have done that a long time ago & a million times over). Although it is a form of adopting. We are hosting an exchange student from Germany for 2 1/2 weeks. Yaaaaay!
Go ahead. Admit it! You fell for it, hook line & sinker. And yes, I played you all. I get enough crap for having this "large" family and even when people think we might have another. I'm gonna milk it for all I can on the opposite end. I just wish I could see all your faces. *giggle*
We don't know our student's name yet. I was hoping to wait for that to make the announcement, but like I said word was getting out. We know we will have a girl and that she is from Germany & will be Angel's shadow at school during her stay. This is very special & exciting for me because my parents did this exact same thing when I was in high school. We started with short term hosting with students from Japan & France. Then my senior year in high school we have the first of many year long students. For the most part they have been good experiences. There have been a few not so great & even a "bad" one that involved the authorities and getting the student out of the country before she could be persecuted by the law. Yikes! We still reflect on the good and continue to keep in touch with those students that we easily consider family.
We are beyond excited to welcome this new addition and what the experience will bring us. I will keep you all posted on her arrival : )
1 comment:
Yup....I fell for it. I thought, "That must be why she seemed kinda tired NYE." *giggle* But an exchange student is pretty cool, too! And a lot less hassle! *LOL*
And thanks for sharing that lil bit of Lil Carmen. Can't get enough of that cutie-patootie.
Post a Comment