I am working on this blogging thing. A little bit each day. I make no grand promises or declarations of getting it done neither rain or sleet or snow....oh wait, wrong profession. I am also working hard on keeping my priorities straight. It's a lot of work! You can see me talk about it here as I blogged about it on my other blog. I am also keenly aware that I never blogged about some key points/big events here at the zoo. You may not know any better, if you don't know it happened then you don't expect anything. But I know and if, at least, for my satisfaction I want to blog about it. So here is my first rewind of something that I didn't blog about.
I (Carmen) participated in the community theaters production of All Shook Up. I'm becoming a little addicted to this whole community theater/performing bit. It's a lot of fun. I love music! I love dancing! I don't mind performing in from of others! The opportunity is there, so why not?!?! Here are some pictures of the production:
These first two pictures were actually taken & featured in our local newspaper. What I love about them is that I had no idea they were being taken. I love seeing pictures of my life captured. None better than ones that catch me as I really am & not posed.
There were some selections that the whole cast & crew did. Some selections that certain members were picked to do. I was in a group that did "Jailhouse Rock".
I was also a statue in the song "Let Yourself Go". I had to stand on stage for a few minutes in statue form (as seen in this picture, but we took this downstairs, not on stage). Then once the song started the statues came to life & sang. It was probably my favorite scene to do.
I was in many different songs & scenes. I just wanted to give you a highlight of my experience. It's hard to wrap it all up in one post. Especially one that is suppose to be quick and getting me back to work, not sucked into too much compute time : )
It was overall such a great experience. It also ate up almost my whole entire summer. Once it was all said & done I only had 2 weeks of "nothing" going on and then school started. Well worth it though and definitely left me with a lot of lasting memories.
You can see many youtube clips of our performance. It's not on my own petefamzoo page/channel. Click on the link to see all the video I took & uploaded for the performance. None of them were taken during the actually performances though, just rehearsals. Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment