Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hon 5k

I raced again this weekend. The Hon 5k is a special one to me because my dad has worked for Hon for 27 years. So I like to make my dad extra proud by running this race. It has a nice flat course that winds down the banks of the Mississippi River. Literally I'm running 20 feet from the edge of the river. It's wonderful!

This race is set up a bit different where everyone gets a ribbon upon completion. Otherwise they only have specific awards for the top male & female. So I have no age group to claim a title too. But what I can claim is a personal victory or better known as a PR (personal record). I ran a 21:02, which is by far my fastest 5k time ever. I was extreamly surprised when I rounded the corner to see the clock show a 20 minute time. I had no idea I was that close to 21. My goal going into the race was to run under 22 mintues. I was much further from that goal than I expected. I pushed it out trying to beat the clock to 21 minutes, but couldn't quite beat it. I was still blown away by my performance.


No comments: