.jpg)
After that we stopped by to visit with Jim's parents and also had lunch at Scotty's. If you are ever in Round Lake Beach you MUST stop & eat at Scotty's. They have the best hot dogs!!! Next we went to the homecoming football game. Jim was on the football team his senior year. He wanted to take the kids, mostly John who has an intense interest in football, to where he once spent his time.
In the mean time we also stayed at Jim's brother's house. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins. Jim & David couldn't resist a good old game of ball themselves. The kids were playing with them too, but I love this picture of the brothers going head to head..jpg)
That evening Jim & I went to his reunion. David & Karina were kind enough to watch all the kids so we could enjoy the night. From my perspective I had a nice time, especially considering I had never met any of these people before in my life. I think Jim had a nice time too. He was a tad nervous, wondering if anyone would even remember him. He wasn't exactly Mr. social while growing up. Plenty of people remember him and a few in particular while not sure at first of who he was recognized him once he flashed his smile. We ended up at a table with some very nice people, some of them Jim went to school with for all 13 years! We are glad that we went..jpg)
2 comments:
Love the new pictures!
I'm so glad you had a good time... my 20 is next year - I'm not sure if we'll go or not.
Post a Comment