This is Jim & I before the race. Look at how dry we are. I knew it wouldn't last long, it was pouring outside. Pouring when we left the house, pouring the whole way there. When we lined up for the race it was just sprinkling, but it grew to a complete downpour (again) before they even clicked the gun. That didn't deter us. We couldn't help but laugh about the whole situation.
This is us after the race. It's me & a group of people from the Y. Mostly co-workers. We were being goofy & showing off our dreched running bodies. Again, we just tried to laugh & have fun with the circumstances.
Here we are with our rewards. I was the only one who thought to bring dry clothes to change into. I did uphold my winning streak & was the first female finisher. My time isn't too much to boast about, although is some respects that is not what matters. But a combination of my lack of training over recent months and the race conditions didn't help at all. I just take my running for what I can now. No one is expecting me to put out Olympic efforts or results. I just enjoy doing it. Jim also won first in his age group, but I didn't get a picture of him. In fact, that is his award that I am holding. There was a problem with the overall winner's awards so they didn't have mine there to give me at the moment. For the sake of the picture though I used Jim's as a stand in. I don't think he was happy about his "performance" either or it could be the fact that his wife has beat him AGAIN! (love you honey). Either way, I will say I love the fact that he goes out racing with me. Racing is really a passion of my & in years past I always did it alone. Now Jim goes along with me and joins the fun.
3 comments:
Great job!! It is awesome that you and your husband do this together. Sharing something that makes you both healthier is so much fun. :)
congrats! you amaze me :)
Congrats! Ditto Courtney.
Post a Comment