Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bat

This little guy looks cute enough right? Heh, heh, no so much when I found it in my kitchen stuck behind my refrigerator. It never made any attempts to fly around, so we wondered if maybe it was hurt. At first I was quite freaked out, but once I knew that it wasn't coming after me I was able to get a much closer look. The kids found it very fascinating. However I made it very clear that we were not keeping it as a pet. There was some whining & begging to "pleeeeeeeeease keep it". I was firm, not even pursuaded for a moment bit. I've got enough craziness in my life to drive me batty (ha!) I didn't need this. I won't disclose what happened to the bat because (did you know that) it's illegal to kill them?!?!? I'm just gonna say I don't think the bat will ever be back, at least not this one.

2 comments:

Enriched-Mom said...

Oh My! Did you know bats can carry rabies? You did the right thing by getting rid of it!

Our Family said...

When we had bats in the attic, the CDC said that if one was ever in the house we MUST all undergo rabies vaccinations immediately. Bats do not need to bite to spread the disease. Call me if you have any questions. Sandy