I have a garden. Let me stress the
I since I do about 99.9% of the work. I do on occasion send the kids out to weed. Being a bit of a controll freak though, I'd rather just do it myself. It's not a very big garden, about 15 feet long by 7 wide. A kitchen garden is what it's referred to. Just enough produce for our family & maybe some to give away. I've never canned anything before. This year we have rhubarb, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, green pepper, jalepeno peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, cantalope & watermelon.
So far I've picked 3 big cucumbers from the garden. They were perfect! I also brought in all the rhubarb & made a delicious dessert with some strawberries too. There is a lot of other stuff coming in, but not ready to be picked. In the next few weeks I think we'll have produce coming out of our ears. I'll give away what I don't use for ourselves. And there will be plenty of things I won't need to buy from the store for awhile.
This cucumber is from my garden. Taken right before I plucked it & ate it up.
1 comment:
Awesome!!! This year is my first try at gardening. I think right now there is more weeds than actual veggies.
Post a Comment