Monday, June 9, 2008

God is GOOD!

When you finish reading this post you will be saying the same thing!

Sunday, June 8 at about 3:30 p.m. John fell 16 feet out of his bedroom window. He will later tell us that he was sitting on his window sill & leaned backwards. That popped the screen out and John fell backwards. I was outside, heard him scream & looked to see him fall & hit the ground.

We rushed him to the ER. After several x-rays & a cat scan there was found to be no broken bones or any major bodily harm to John. His ankle is very swollen & tender. I'm assuming for now it's just a bad sprain.

He is still at the hospital, being held for about 24 hrs. for observation. When I left him (Jim was staying the night with him) he was in his normal spirits, laughing & joking around. We will be able to talk more in depth with his doctor tomorrow. The ER dr.s dealt with & cleared him of any major medical trauma.

God's hands were completley around John today. John told me later he could feel his pastor praying for him. I completely believe him, we had many praying for him and God no doubt heard & answered those prayers. Isn't God good?!?!?!?

Of course, I had my camera handy. I took these pics only with John's permission & well after we got to the er & was cleared of any immediate danger. We were waiting around for them to come get his x-rays.

This is how he was right before I left him for the night.

7 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

Wow Carmen. God is GOOD! I can't imagine what you must have felt as you saw him fall. Praise God for the happy ending.

Julie Barnhill said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I'm so thankful to read your sweet son is okay. And is Carmen-baby the same little baby I held at Bethel a few months ago?! What a cutie. Truly, Carmen, I give thanks along with all your family for God's protection of John's life.

candacew1977 said...

I am so glad to hear that things are ok and that it isn't as bad as things could have been. I can't believe how every time I see pics of your family, everyone has changed and growing up. I miss you guys.

Connie said...

Praising here that your boy is fine!!

Joshua said...

OH MY Carmen!! God is so good! I am so thankful that things turned out the way they did. Sleep peacefully tonight!
Amy

Enriched-Mom said...

And here my boys were wondering if he was pretending to be superman!

How incredibly scary for your family. May the blessing of time erase the memories of falling.

Amy said...

What a story. Lynette's call that afternoon left us shaken, and definitely led to many, many prayers! SO SO incredibly thankful God protected him in such an amazing way, and that even his ankle is feeling better! He's going to love telling about his "adventures with flying" for years...