Back on May 5, she rolled over for the first time. I had an inkling she was ready to when she had turned herself all cattywompis in her bassinet. She had filled that bassinet completely and couldn't turn due to the confined space. So I took that down & put up her playpen in my room. Lo & behold I found her on her back in no time after her nap (she's a belly sleeper). Now she flips with great ease. She can half way roll from back to front. We're getting close.
On sunday June 1st. I plopped Carmen down on the floor and was surprised to see her sit there fully errect for about a minute. She was pretty wobbly, but she did it, all on her own. She also got tired really quick, but I was able to snap some pictures real quick of her big moment.
I also fixed her hair in a little Pebble ponytail for the first time that day. She was too cute! When I wash her hair it has this funny Alfalfa look down the middle, sticking up in a funky way. It seemed perfect to stick that part in a ponytail. At first I didn't think it would stay, but it did for most of the day.
Yesterday I was changing Carmen on my bed & she was making her noises, her *talking* as I call it. I wasn't paying particular to it, but heard it. Suddenly I stopped dead in what I was doing, stared at her intently and asked (as if she could really answer) "are you saying dada?" She paused, looked at me & continued....."dadadadadadadadada". Again, another million dollar moment for me. I called Jim right away at work. He told me he thought he had heard her say dada a few times before, but figured I wouln't believe him. I was estatic!
I'm still breastfeeding Carmen. The longest I've ever breastfeed any of our kids. I've tried introducing cereal to her, she's not interested in the least bit. I'm lucky if she even takes 2 bites. I've caught my sister trying to give her mashed potatoes & Jim trying to give her whipped cream. I've only tried to give her some banana, she did like that, but didn't take too much. Technically you're suppose to introduce the 3 cereals first before you give them any other foods, but I am actually considering starting her on fruit babyfood. Wondering if we'll just skip the whole cereal phase. Anyway, she's still much more interested in her mama's milk so we'll keep with that.
Enjoy some pics of my baby girl....my mini me, Carmen jr., little Carmen.... whatever you want to call her.
.jpg)
still sitting, a better look at her ponytail.jpg)
happy baby w/ chubber cheeks...you should see the rolls on her thighs, they are so cute (now). Look at her hair closely, you can see that funky thing it does after being washed..jpg)
just hanging out.jpg)
3 comments:
So cute!! Love the pony tail.
We skipped from rice cereal to baby food... The cereal wasn't cutting it for our boy!
L'il Carmen is sooooooo cute! I love her little chubber cheeks and legs. :)
She is sooo cute and growing so fast!!!
Post a Comment