It's a term used on a bulletin board that I frequent. When one has many things to talk about in a post, but it doesn't all fall into a particular subject. So here I go, my ramble.
John was sick last friday. He came down to my room at 3 a.m. crying that his neck hurt (he always says neck when he means throat). I hooked him up with some Tylenol & he went back to bed. I almost sent him to school the next day cause he woke up & was surprising good as new, not a hurt in sight. I followed my mama instinct & took him to the Dr. He took one look at his throat & said he had a full blown case of strep.
As the day wore on I began to not feel good and went to bed miserable friday night. I woke up just as miserable on saturday, my throat on fire, major sinus back up & massive headache. But in mommyland that still means that I have to get up & care for the house & family. I actually felt better as the day went on. Sunday I felt completely better. We had friends over that night to play games & as it got later & later I felt it all creeping back up on me. I woke up on Monday completely miserable AGAIN! More of just the sinuses buggin' me, along with a doozy of a headach. Larangitis was setting in & I began to sound like an 80 year old man who smoked a pack a day. By evening I felt better & even took Carmen out on a 3 mile jog in the stroller. Yesterday I felt pretty good, my voice just sounded totally crazy. It was a go-go-go type of day. This morning (still with me here?) I bottomed out again. Throat on fire, sinuses all backed up. I've had it...I give up....throwing in the towel....yelling UNCLE! I called the dr. to get ME some meds. I cancelled all my plans & am staying home to nurse myself.
My Mr. wonderful man I call my dear husband FINALLY got me a nice new digital camera! Yea, I'm so excited. He even picked it out all by himself. I was of course bugging....I mean very nicely droping hints to him left & right about wanting a new one. I had been using an "old fashion" 35mm camera for those must have shots. But now we're back to digital.
Today is the last day of school for the kids. They go back on friday to pick up report cards, otherwise today is it. HORRAY! I am ready for them to be home. Ready to have laid back days & not have to bark out "LET'S GO GO GO" every morning to move them out the door. Ready to not have to wake up (baby) Carmen from her nap so I can pick them up at 3 in the afternoon. Now I may be ready to snatch them by the hair & lock them in seperate rooms in a few weeks, but it's the typical cycle of life. I'm still ready to have them done with school for now.
I found a tick on (baby) Carmen's head. Completely freaked me out. The tick did break the skin, but was not burrowed in very deep at all. It was fairly easily to get it off of her. It's the first time any of our kids have had a tick on them. Gives me shivers still thinking about it. I'm not even sure how her of all of them got it. It's not like she's outside playing in the trees or even the grass. She barely even goes out. Just one of those things I guess.
Ok, I'll stop rambling for now. We seem to have much coming up that will be keeping us busy & me posting a lot. Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
Great ramble Carmen! I would have totally freaked about the tick!! Looking forward to pictures from that new camera. :)
Great ramble! Hope you're feeling better now - take care of yourself...
Post a Comment