Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gas prices

Ok, so it's no big surprise to anyone out there that gas prices are getting high. I distinctly remember in high school when the Gulf War was raging and we were all shocked when gas went up to $1.35. And yes, I am old enough to say I remember when gas was less than $1.

Anyway, I hit a new milestone today when I had to leave one of my children as payment for gas. I went to the gas station to fill up and realized I didn't have my wallet with me. This was after I had put it in the tank. So I walk into the station and tell the cashier "I left my money at home so I'm gonna leave my daughter (Angel) here as payment!" They chuckled and said "oh, you know it's bad when we start excepting kids as payment". Of course what I meant to say I was leaving her as proof that I really am gonna come back to pay my bill, which I did of course. I do live in a small enough town that they probably would have just taken my word for it, but I wanted to be sure, so I left her there.

We are off now to the school carnival, we're riding our bikes there to help save on gas....and to keep all our children within our care. : )

3 comments:

Connie said...

LOL! I got a kick out of this post.

Enriched-Mom said...

That's funny but even in a small town, you are much braver than I am. I would have left my driver's license or something.

Family bike rides make such great memories and kudos for saving that precious gas.

Steph said...

Nothing like trading in a child! Loved your post!