Last saturday I had a surprise party for Jim. Once again I managed to pull it off with him having any clue. I don't do this every year, but every few. First I tried to throw him off my scent by inviting friends over on Friday night to play games. We had a great time & the house didn't clear out until well after midnight.
Saturday seemed to be very normal. I didn't have to be extreamly sneaky. I made up huge portions of potato & watergate salad in the kitchen while Jim sat in the dining room paying bills. I carried on right there for anyone to see what I was doing. He did ask once why I was making that food up. I shrugged my shoulders & said "it's for supper", which totally was THE TRUTH.
It worked out perfect that he had softball practice late in the afternoon. I didn't have to get him away from the house with any phoney excuses. By time he got back home there was 30 some people here. He walked in and said "why are all these people here?" Surprise!
.jpg)
4 comments:
oh how fun!
Sounds sooo fun!
Carmen, you're so good!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby. What a fun time.
You are a good wife Carmen! And I loved how you did it right under his nose. Happy Belated B-day Jim.
Post a Comment