Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Modest is Hottest

Angel & Mandy were selected to be models in an event called Modest is Hottest. It was put on by a local church that encourages dressing modestly in a fun & fashionable way. For more information on this type of event you can check out this website: http://www.modestishottestfashionshow.com/

JCPenny provided their full outfits which the girls loved. Mandy especially was constantly twirling & twisting in her outfit. That girl giggled & gushed over herself as she posed in the mirror non stop. They each had a dressy & a casual outfit. They did not get to keep their clothes. We were offered to buy them at discount ("come on mom, plllllllllleassssssssssse!"), but even at that it would have been quite costly. I personally am very cheap, so unless it's on clearance & for 90% off I'm not gonna buy it. Yeah, I got a lot of rolling of the eyes when I told the girls it would be "too much money". I love the look in their eyes that seemed to yell "SO?". Mandy exclaimed, "but Mom, I HAVE to look my best!" I dragged them over to the clearance section, got excited myself & showed them how to really shop. Even found me a very cute pair of capris, originally $29.....got them for $4. Ca-ching!

The night of the event was a blast. The girls had their hair & make up done by a group of stylist. I attended as well & took one of Mandy's friends along with. We all had our pictures taken by a professional. Got a skin & color tone analysis & lots of other fashion tips. The speaker Shari Braendel (http://www.sharibraendel.com/home.html) was a riot & very well spoken on the whole idea of beauty & fashion from a godly perspective.

During one part of the event I was picked out of the audience & asked to come up on stage. After doing this to several people the informed us that she picking out two types of people....fashion DO's & fashion DON'Ts. Uh-oh. I was wearing this very pastel yellow t-shirt, a definate no-no for my color anaylsis of 'deep'.

Toward the end of the event was the fashion show. I will include some video at the end of each girl walking the runway. I don't have any pictures of the actual fashion show or of them in their outfits(that will be explained in another post), but am hoping to find someone else who did take pics during that time. The girls looked wonderful and took so naturally to the stage. The photographer who was there taking individual shots has a website with the pictures listed. If you want to see those, email me, I can send you the link.

An interesting side story, the girls arrived early to get ready & have their pictures taken by the photographer. I arrived later & had my pic taken too. When I walked in to have my photo "session" I met this photograhper whom I had never met before. Neither one of us knew each other or had ever seen each other before. I didn't have Angel with me nor did I know that he had already taken pictures of Angel. He took one look at me, stopped dead in his tracks & said "you MUST be Angel's mother!" I slowly nod a yes and he then carried on to say how much she looks EXACTLY like me. (poor child ; ) ) I have been hearing that more & more as Angel gets older.

Angel's video clip, she the girl with the long braids:

Mandy's video clip, she's wearing the pink stripped shirt:

No comments: