Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's the dreaded pink eye!

I've got 3 kids who woke up today with pink eye. I noticed the baby right away cause her one eye was matted shut. I had the other two (Mandy & John) up & getting ready for school like any other usual day. They didn't have the discharge (yet) but when I finally got a good look at their face their eyes were all "pink" & bloodshot. They could not go to school. Mandy was upset cause she was suppose to give a presentation for her big science project. Although, as I type this, I think she's totally over it as she's vegged out on the sofa watching t.v. John has been on my nerves a bit as he's a ball of energy and stuck at home. That's the frustrating part, they can't go to school or anywhere else, but they are not really sick....just contagious. However considering that it could be fever, vomitting & who knows whatelse, I'd rather deal with pink eye.

My only pass out of the house today will be to go to Walgreens & their drive thru. Otherwise I think I'll find plenty to clean. It is the end of the month (ALREADY?) so I'll be stripping the beds & getting fresh linen on them. Good timing cause then I can wash away them germies festering in their beds. In fact, I just heard the dryer buzzer go off.....

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

oh so sorry for your pinkness :P
Hope all eyes clear up quickly!