Last saturday we took the kids to go see Disney on Ice. The kids enjoyed the show quite a bit. Andrew was the most enthused and vocal about it. He kept yelling "FISH, FISH" (from Finding Nemo) and "MeMowe" (which is his way of saying Mickey Mouse). We had great seats, about 10 rows up from rink side. It's still hard to get good pictures when the place is all dark. I really enjoyed this picture I got of Andrew as he showing his delight in what he saw.
A special thanks to Grandpa & Grandma Luna who gave us the tickets to go. Otherwise it's something we probably wouldn't have done on our own.
We also enjoyed some time at the roller skating rink over the weekend. Upon arrival we knew the older kids would be skating, but assumed that Andrew would still be too little and probably scared to try such a skill. In his own toddler talk way he kept saying & showing that he did want to skate. We reluctantly got him some skates and figured we'd amuse him with the gesture, even though it would be short lived and a "waste of our time".
However from the second he stood up in those skates, you'd think he was born with them on. No fear, no hesitation, no teaching of skill even necessary. The kid is a natural. You can't keep him off the skate floor.

The other kids are good skaters as well. I made sure I snapped pictures of everyone. I would have gotten out there myself as I enjoy the activity as well. I grew up a block away from our local rink and frequently spent time there. (Ahhh, memories of Skateland!) I'm no pro, but I can certainly go pretty fast. Can you see me now....40 weeks pregnant, wind sailing through my hair as I wiz around the roller rink. Hehehe, I'm sure I'd be a sight for sore eyes and causing quite a comotion. I'll get out there next time!




1 comment:
I can't believe that your lil man did so well. That is crazy!!!
Post a Comment