We had to pay a little extra money to have it properly shipped from California, but it arrived a few weeks ago.
Then it sat in the garage for a few weeks un-touched.
He's been faithfully practicing almost every single day. Once he was comfortable with the driveway then he moved to up and down our street. Then around the block. Finally he felt ready to take on a passenger. I am very honored that I was the first person to ride the bike with my man. Once I had a ride he took all the kids on a short ride as well. They are beyond thrilled. Now Jim is taking bigger rides, like 1-2 miles at a time. Still practicing and getting used to the bike. We will wear helmets on a regular basis. He has one on order.
Jim has always wanted a motorcycle. More from a practical stand point since he commutes to work 30 minutes each way many days a week. We actually looked at and bought a motorcycle many years ago. Once we got home though, we realized what we thought was a good bike for a good price wasn't and we called and cancelled the agreement. So it's been on Jim's radar for many years to get a bike, but we couldn't ever find the right one for the right price. Although this bike came to us at the price of losing Jim's dad, I can't think of the most perfect bike for Jim. I KNOW Papa Jim is smiling down on us and is very happy that his bike is now his son's.




1 comment:
You made me cry.
Post a Comment