Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Buddies

My birthday was over a week ago.  It was a very busy, crazy weekend for it to fall on.  Then again, my life is always busy, crazy so this is nothing new.  In a nutshell I spent Saturday & the beginning part of  Sunday in Muscatine, my home town.  Saturday was spent visiting with family & friends & was very relaxing.  Sunday I woke up at 4 a.m. so I could meet up with a running friend and we ran 17 miles from Muscatine to West Liberty.  Then (just for the fun of it) we raced a 5k.  Yes, that is my idea of a good time!!!!

Once I got home to Galesburg we went to church and then had to go in many different directions.  Angel had to ready & left for a week of counseling at church camp.  Mandy had a youth group skiing/tubing trip.  Brianna had to babysit.  I had musical rehearsal for the rest of the day.  We barely had time for lunch and even at that we weren't all together for it.  Also had just enough time for Jim to give me my birthday present.  I had no clue he was even getting me something.  He got me a very nice, new camera.  It's not quite the $500 one that I want, but it is certain a step up from the point and shoot the I currently have.  It is VERY nice!  (Score point for the husband!!!!)

In the mean time a good friend of mine went into labor and  her baby was born that evening....on MY birthday.  Having a birthday buddy is no new concept for me.  I've had once since the day I was born.  Elaine Stewart was a lady in my church who also has a birthday on July 15.  For as long as I can remember I was always her birthday buddy.  We've always remembered and celebrated this great day that we share.  I remember as a kid it being such a big deal that I was lucky enough to have the same birthday as this fine lady.  Once I was married there was a family in my church who had their daughter born on July 15.  Fast forward several years later & my cousin gave birth to her daughter on July 15.  I'm telling ya, I know I'm a little biased, but July 15 is a GREAT day to be born.  I was beyond excited to have baby Liam born on this great day as well.

Here is a picture of Elaine & I, my original birthday buddy.  This is actually a very recent picture.  I had been back home the week before our birthday to visit my home church and made sure we had our picture taken together.  It's actually the only picture I have of us together.

Here is a picture of Liam & I.  He's less than 24 hours old in this picture.  I couldn't be there when we was born, but I got up there as soon as possible.  The fact that I am actually good, close friends with his parents makes it more exciting.  I get to see & be a part of this little guys life!  I want to have that same special bond with him that I had with my birthday buddy!

No comments: