Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mt. Laundry

At the beginning of each month I strip the beds of their linen and give it a washing. It's a chore I really don't like doing. Not so much the stripping or washing, but the chore of getting it all done and the beds remade before the kids need their bed that night. We won't talk of the countless impromptu "slumber parties" we had cause I wasn't on the ball & got the chore done in a timely matter.

As I was stripping away last month (ok, I know how that sounds....but you know what I mean!) I noticed how big my pile was amounting to. I also realized that this pile only consisted of the kids bedding and that it was still warm enough that they had very little to no blankets on their bed. Once I had it all piled into the dining room it came almost to my hips. Granted I am not a very tall person (not even close), but that is still a big pile! So in regular Carmen fashion I thought....hmmmm, that might make an interesting blog post. Not that my laundry is interesting. But one of the reasons behind our blog is to give you all a glimpse of our little zoo and the every day ins & outs of our family life.

I did manage to get this pile done & back up on the beds all in the same day. It took about 8 loads of washing & drying. And probably a good 45 minutes to get the beds all back & assembled for sleep that night (although I took the time to get out the big comforters since the weather is turning colder). All done....for now!
I do train them young! At Carmen's age she's eager to help.

No comments: