Friday, July 17, 2009

Ok, ok....

So I've been slacking a little bit on here. I did sort of a hit & run with our vacation pictures. I knew you'd all figure out that we had a great time! We set a new camp record by not needing to take any of our children to see the camp nurse. That is the first time ever! Of course, we are already signed up to attend family camp next year. We wouldn't miss it for the world.

Since then things have been hum-ho. A little of this and a little of that. Trying to just enjoy summer. I went berry picking at a friends house last week. I got enough wild black raspberries to make a yummy crisp. It was an educating experience to pick berries. I learned about the difference between black raspberries vs. blackberries and saw what gooseberries are and what they taste like. I also got a lovely first hand experience in nature, more specifically bugs (one of which kept attacking us and caused me to drop my bucket & run screaming like a little girl.) The kids weren't too fond of this berry picking idea. They stayed inside in our friends airconditioned house while we were out in the sweltering heat. (Their life is so rough!)
Some more nature we came across amidst the berries. We were careful not to disturb the eggs, although I had to move the branch it was on to get to a patch of berries.

I'll try and get back into a good bloggin routine. There is always something going on in our zoo!

1 comment:

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

loved the vacation pictures... and now I'm craving berries :)