You all know my fasicnation with peppermint coffee creamer. Well, by "pure accident" I found out there is peppermint M&M's. I thought I was buying 2 bags of regular M&M's, but when I emptied them into a bowl I noticed they looked differnent. The peppermint ones are bigger & more oblong shaped....somewhat like a peanut M&M, but not quite. They also come in green, red AND white colors.
They are delicious! I did have to share that inital bag with a dozen or so other girlfriends as we were away at a church retreat this weekend. Good thing for my hips, I'm sure. I'll have to stock up on this new fasicnation as well. It can keep company with my 6 bottles (big ones) of creamer I have at the bottom of my deep freezer.
While I was away at my retreat, Jim had all the kids under his care. For the second weekend in a row now he's taken over while I was away. This weekend he also took all the kids to a karate tournament for him, John & Brianna to compete in. They only started karate back in August. Jim did actively take karate many, MANY years ago so he had some prior knowledge. John & Brianna have had no problem at all picking up what's being taught.
This was their first tournament. Unfortunatley we have no pictures or video of this event. The batteries were dead in both the camera & the camcorder. Without me around to take care of these little details the devices went uncharged. Jim says the kids did spectacular.
John placed 1st in his age group. They competed in sparring.
Brianna placed 2nd in her age group. They competed in sparring & wrestling. (She even beat out some boys to get that second place!)
Jim placed 1st & 2nd in his age group. He even got a set of cracked ribs to go along with that as well. They are not suppose to kick full contact. When his opponent went to kick him, he lost his balance & DID kick him completely, thus the cracked ribs. Please, oh please, let's hope this is not the beginning of another set of injury incidences.
No comments:
Post a Comment