It's spirit week at the elementry school where 3 of the kids attend. Monday was pajama day. Can I say how WONDERFUL it is to have that day to start off the week. They get up & they're "ready" for school. I love it! Tuesday is crazy hair day. Normally my girls take care of & fix their own hair. Today took a lot more help from mom. Mandy DID want her hair standing up in complete spikes all the way around (like the Statue of Liberty). I talked her out of that & she liked what I did instead....something crazy, that didn't involve a full bottle of hair gel.
Brianna is always the more simple one & very easy to please. She just wanted pig tails with straws sticking out of them. I had a flash back of the 80's when I pulled out the can of hairspray to add that special craziness of teasing her hair & making it big & foofey. (yes, another one of my words)
John got a mohawk. Normally this would be a no-go in our household. I had a hidden purpose in letting him do this. School pictures is on thursday. I was wanting to give him a buzz cut for pictures. Lately, he hasn't been wanting it cut at all. So I proposed to him that I'll cut him a mohawk just for crazy hair day. Then when school is done for the day I have to finish buzzing it off. Wah-lah, I get my buzz cut and he gets his crazy hair. You should've heard the expressions & exclamations that came from his classmates as he stepped out of the van this morning. He was "waaaaay coooooool". (Does that make me a "cool" mom then too?!?!?!)
4 comments:
Way cool mowhawk Mom! I love it! Don't tell them but our youth pastor at church had his wife shave his handprint into his head! Talk about crazy hair.
You are a cooler than cool Mom! Awesome crazy hair day do's!!
What a good idea with the mohawk! I love the piggy tales too!!
Yes you are wayyyy cool!!! LOL
Post a Comment