The 5th grade class always takes an end of year fieldtrip to Springfield, IL. To mark the end of their special journey of elementary school they go all out and rent a charter bus and do things extra nice. I was blessed enough to be able to go along as a chaperon. Sure I had to keep an open ear for trouble and occasionally give a raised I-don't-think-so eyebrow to a hooligan child, but otherwise this was just as much an enjoyable trip for me than it was for them.
Brianna enjoying her bus ride:

Outside of Lincoln's home. I get goosebumps going into here. Little Mrs. Sentimental (me) gets all ooglie about such historic places.
We toured Lincoln's tomb. Lots of interesting fact and information here.Inside the tomb building, but not at the tomb itself. It was told that the Lincoln statue you see behind Nina was used to create the actual memorial in D.C.
Outside again, it was cold & rainy that day.
Had some fun with the former president. Nina was laughing SO HARD!
We also went to the Lincoln Museum. Very interesting & full of great information. Not only about Lincoln himself, but about the whole Civil War and that time era. We played dress up. I love getting to "play" with my children.
Posed with the Lincoln family.
And made plans to take out Mr. John Wilkes Booth.
Next year John will be in 5th grade & I hope to accompany him on this fieldtrip. I don't care that I've already gone several times before. It will be a new trip with a new child.








No comments:
Post a Comment