Sunday, June 13, 2010

April

Let's sum up the month of April.

We started off the month with Spring Break & Easter. It was an unusual Easter. One like we've never had before. We spent it as a split family, literally hundreds of miles away from each other. For good reason though.

Jim took Angel & Mandy to the D.C. area for 5 days. Every year the 8th grade class is offered a chance to travel to D.C. This would be Angel's year to go, but it seems to come a quite a price...literally. So we offered to take her ourselves & decided to throw Mandy in the mix so that we don't have to repeat the trip in 2 years for her. Once the legistics were worked out it was decided that it would work best for me not to go & stay home with the other kids.

So while they were off hitting the nations capital:
>



I spent most of my time in Muscatine with the Luna clan.




On the day that we all arrived back home it was none other than Jim's birthday. Not just any birthday though....THE birthday. Where he turned a certain age, one that I will not reveal, but will let you do the math when I say that he was born in 1970. I didn't even ask to get a birthday video from him, I don't think he would give in to such crazy notions that I come up with. Since he was traveling on that day he was given a small celebration the day before thanks to my aunt whom they stayed with while visiting the D.C. area.


I already made a big post about my St. Louis half marathon, you can look back to see that post if you missed it. The day before Jim & I ran the Carl Sandburg College 2 & 4 mile run. I chose the shorter distance & Jim the longer. I usually win this race. But there comes a time when you realize it's ok if the 15 year old girl can beat you. Not to mention I had my focus on my half to not push myself too hard. Jim did well in his race & took several mintues off his finish time from the previous year.

Here is Jim finishing his race:


A week later I ran the Hayes Hustle in Muscatine, my hometown. This was also the weekend before the Boston marathon so I should note that a lot of runners were out of town for that venture. I did, though, manage to capture my first title of the year & won that race. It was a good start to my racing season.


Here I am finishing my race:


With my trophy:



Angel was involved in another drama production. As an 8th grader she was allowed to participate in the high school production of Guys & Dolls. She was cast as a crap shooter and did a wonderful job and filling that role. I didn't even recognize her when she came onto stage.
(It's hard to capture a good picture when flash is not allowed).

Brianna, along with the 4th & 5th grade boys/girls choir, sang the national anthem at a Peoria Cheifs games. Jim & I went along as chaperones. She (and the choir) did a great job & we all had a fun evening.







Last, but not least....a little humor to end off the month. Not that there isn't enough humor in our lives, we tend to always be a little funny acting anyway. But this was a gut busting lay down on the ground and laugh hysterically moment.

No comments: